Express Surveys allows you to get feedback on videos. All you need to do is add a link to a YouTube- or Vimeo-hosted video to our Video question type.
We support the following types of videos**:
- Public videos on YouTube or Vimeo
- Unlisted videos on YouTube or Vimeo – these are videos only available to people who have the link and are not searchable on the platforms
**When copying the link, be sure to copy from the URL in your browser or use the share link. Note that the embed code is not supported.
At this time Express Surveys does not support private videos or videos where you provide a passcode, as these video types take survey respondents away from Express Surveys and may cause them to drop-out.
A couple of things to keep in mind to help you get the best results from Video question types:
- When getting started, remind users to turn on the volume on their phone.
- Add a simple, general follow-up question to make sure the respondent watched the video. Screen out any respondents who incorrectly answered the basic question.
- By default, page breaks are inserted after every question and respondents are not allowed to go back. Videos and images are a little different and respondents may need to refer back. We suggest removing the default page break after the video question (and potentially other follow-up questions).
- If you have a large number of questions, you may want to duplicate the video question and show it again later in the survey. That prevents users from having to scroll back up to see the video again.
- You can easily duplicate any question by going to the vertical … menu and selecting duplicate.
- Questions can be dragged up or down by holding your mouse over the middle of the question summary and dragging.